Gas Hob Connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I wonder if anyone could tell me which connector this is as it's for a new gas hob. i had my old one permanently removed many years ago and its been like this ever since.

Thanks

28utfmq.jpg

Sponsored Links
Yeah, that's an easy one. It's a downwards facing 17 and 1 8th copper to iron female. Make sure you get a downwards facing male to match else you won't be able to fit the hob yourself and will have to call an RGI. :LOL:

Yeah, that's an easy one. It's a downwards facing 17 and 1 8th copper to iron female. Make sure you get a downwards facing male to match else you won't be able to fit the hob yourself and will have to call an RGI. :LOL:

Thanks for your response.

I wonder if would at all be possible for you to find me a flexi hose online that i will need as i feel i will still buy the wrong one lol maybe ebay or somewhere else.

Think you should just give up on that one and call your local registered bloke to do it correctly

Sponsored Links
Seriously now, I was taking the pi$$. You need to get an RGI in to do this, 1) because you aren't competent to work on gas and 2) because you aren't competent to work on gas.

I have been reading online about people being able to replace their cooker/hob by simply twisting the hose off a bayonet connector and putting a new flexi hose on it. now i was hoping i would drop into that category as i know how to turn off the mains gas and check for leaks either the noncorrosive liquid solution or washing up liquid. i only asked originally as i wanted to make sure if it was that connector or not.

And 3) you really really aren't competent to work on gas. Don't believe the interweb, it lies.

I have been reading online about people being able to replace their cooker/hob by simply twisting the hose off a bayonet connector and putting a new flexi hose on it. now i was hoping i would drop into that category as i know how to turn off the mains gas and check for leaks either the noncorrosive liquid solution or washing up liquid. i only asked originally as i wanted to make sure if it was that connector or not.

You are clearly not competant to do this - let alone an RGI.

You are incorrect on all counts; get an RGI to do it.

No No No you have read incorrectly what you have read is that it is legal for a user to disconnect a COOKER from a flexible hose in order to clean and then re-connect this is not what you are proposing to do

Most hobs require a rigid connection unless manufactures instructions permit the use of a flexi hose :!:

Have you bought the hob ? What do the instructions say ?
Is there to be a electric oven directly beneath ?

I appreciate you guys going the safe route and thinking of the health aspects and detect a amateur from a mile away but like with many things, i do like to research things myself of how they work and if its possible to do without hiring a professional.

We had a flood many years ago and they took out the hob and extractor fan and put a regular electric cooker nearby thus leaving the gas pipe free. they didn't do a good job of the fit but we lived with it but now as we're selling up, it would be nice to put things right to improve the selling price.

Pretty much would be electric cooker in a cabinet then the hob on top with extractor fan. the electric cooker cable would be a piece of cake to move as it's like 2 foot away. but the gas requires connections and as all you guys say pretty much the same thing i'll go with that and hire a gas safe guy to fit the hob.

Would there be any complications in what i'm attempting?

Thanks

Just to add: i have not purchased any appliances yet.

It's not as easy as just fitting the hob and away you go. You need to know if the system has any leaks before and after any work is carried out so you know if the new hob is faulty, you need to make sure the hob has the correct supply of gas and isn't taking any pressure away from other gas appliances in the property, you need to carry out a gas rate to see if the hob is burning the correct amount of gas, you need to make sure any safety devices on the hob are working correctly, you need to have extra ventilation in the kitchen in some circumstances, it's one thing doing illegal work in the house you are going to live in but to carry out the work and then sell the property to some poor sucker? You should be ashamed. Get a pro in to do the gas and electrics and while your at it put the address of the property on here so we can steer clear while house hunting.

You can not do what you are thinking about legally mate, call a few local guys shouldnt be expensive not worth your families safety or your house insurance for that matter to try it your self

I have been reading a few forums and see a large amount of what can appear as arrogant replies but what people don't realise is that it's done for a reason to open your eyes. so although Nill's comment was a little bit much (cheeky bugger) i get his point and like to thank those who have responded and will purchase the appliances and get a quote to fit them in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back