Installing a gas hob

Sponsored Links
weargas said:
kev,
why don't you make life easier and use one of them self cutting washing machine taps. it'll cut down on pipe joints and give you a built in isolation as well. then a buy a w/m hose and a couple of bushes and hey presto, hob fitted in 10 minutes.

Phew, that's a relief! I did this to save time but thought it was a bodge... Thank goodness I did it correctly. My GCSE in French obviously qualified me for this one ;)

A major problem with DIY gas work (legal or not), other than a house going "pop" (love the imagery there!), is when it comes to selling. If I was buying a house with gas appliances, I would demand invoices ESPECIALLY if they were newly fitted. If they couldn't provide them then I would start finding out about inspections and possible price reductions to reflect the cost of having a CORGI come and sort out any problems. It could be an absolutely perfect job, but without that piece of paper who knows?

I know CORGIs stuff up too, but at least there is some comeback in their case.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back