fitting gas hob - male to male

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My old hob had a female inlet/connector which connected to a male fitting on the end of the copper.

My new hob came with an elbow already connected to the female inlet. Which is just as well as its needed, not enough room to take the elbow off and fit the old male straight to the hob. Problem is I now have a male to male. I've checked the bag of bits that came with the hob. There's just the fasteners and another elbow (male both ends as well). No nuts!

Before I get a plumber in, am I missing some parts or should I just let the plumber figure it out?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
You should let the Gas Safe plumber sort it. Most carry a stock of fittings.

Hi,

My old hob had a female inlet/connector which connected to a male fitting on the end of the copper.

My new hob came with an elbow already connected to the female inlet. Which is just as well as its needed, not enough room to take the elbow off and fit the old male straight to the hob. Problem is I now have a male to male. I've checked the bag of bits that came with the hob. There's just the fasteners and another elbow (male both ends as well). No nuts!

Before I get a plumber in, am I missing some parts or should I just let the plumber figure it out?

Cheers.

Gay?

as the day is long. You need to watch those male irons and their running nipple friends.

OP, not your concern, but the RGI to sort it out

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back