Gas Hob Installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All

we are thinking to replace the 11 year old gas hob in our kitchen with a newer model.

Does any member have any experience for the gas appliance installation offered by Currys, Comet or John Lewis?

According to their websites their teams are Gas Safe Registered. But I am not sure on the quality of workmanship.

Do you think that it would be better to hire an independent gas fitter?

Many Thanks

Regards,
Alex

Sponsored Links
That would be hard to say.
If you now of a good quality gas fitter, I would go with them.
If not I would then consider the price that the above companies are charging for fitting. The price could also include removal and disposal of old fitting, check that out.
It's really is personal choice, at the end of the day they are al suppose to known there jobs, but who is to say for example.....
You get a gas oven fitted by a Curry's engineer and they are very pleasant and do a fantastic job for you, then you decide to have a hob installed again using Curry's, a different engineer turns up and he/she's a complete prat!

You will find that most retail companies don't actually have their own engineers, as they will be sub-contracted out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back