gas in oven stays on low

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
wandered if anyone could help.... i have a basic gas oven, with eye level grill.....the gas rings all work fine but when the oven is ignited it stays very low even though ive turned knob up high...hence food taking hours too cook.....wandered if something might need a simple clean? any ideas or experiences with this problem would be appreciated :cry:

Sponsored Links
a clean wont fix this .. there is a problem with the main gas and needs an engineer to repair the fault sorry . :(

It's not a fault with the gas supply as such. It's a safety device that needs replacing. I'd recommend getting someone in to repair this.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you have a faulty FFD. Flame failure device. Needs a CORGI registered repairer. NOT a DIY job .

Dianne
I have the exact same problem (Basic canon lichfield), gas in oven on, but staying low. :(

Was it the flame safety device or was it the oven thermostat that was faulty on your oven?

It would be great to know if and when you get yours fixed. :D

Thanks.

i will let you know im still waiting for the engineer to take a look, should be this week sometime :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back