Gas in system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently, late October, had a Vitodens 200-W 30Kw boiler fitted. The house has 18 radiators in total, only three are older than two years old, and they are about five. Although the system was thoroughly flushed before boiler fitment, and two litres of Sentinel 100 added, there is a continual requirement to bleed the upstairs radiators, accompanied by a noticeable increase in boiler pressure. Do I need to add yet more inhibitor? I did not suffer from such gas build up previously at such frequent intervals.

Sponsored Links
seem to think 1 tub does 10 rads.. so 2 is fine. :)

some systems just need bleeding more than others.

keep an eye on the water quality though every time you re fill a system you are adding oxygen to the system which in turn increases the corrosion within the system.

ie: water/oxygen and steel rads.

1 liter inhibitor per 100 liters system should do the trick
the way you describe it, my guess would be something else.
all irrelevant, get installer back

Sponsored Links
Strangely, the installer doesn't seem to want to be paid. He just has to do the final commissioning and complete the paperwork, but seems too busy to come back. Still the money is in my account and not his. When he does return, I will tackle him about the gas. I don't think there is any more air in the system, as I have not had to add any water since start up, only bleed rads about six times.

By the way, is anyone else unable to use the DIYnot search facility? I can't connect with it using IE or Firefox.

Strangely, the installer doesn't seem to want to be paid. He just has to do the final commissioning and complete the paperwork, but seems too busy to come back. Still the money is in my account and not his. When he does return

more like he's not registered installer do the paperwork.

Write to him and tell him that unless he returns to complete the job properly you are going to get another installer in to finish the job and deduct the cost from his final invoice.

Mike

He is actually a Viessmann trained installer, I chose him because you get the 5 year warranty, and I am very pleased with the quality of his work, just can't get him back!

the Viessmann training is a 1 day free course with free dinner and biscuits.

By the way, is anyone else unable to use the DIYnot search facility? I can't connect with it using IE or Firefox.

Yes, I've been having the same problem in two different locations, with Firefox :(. Instead I've been using Google site search.

He is actually a Viessmann trained installer, I chose him because you get the 5 year warranty
just can't get him back!

drunk-irish-048.gif

as said a one day course any market trader can go on.

another fool been taken in.

maybe you didn't offer enough tea and bicies

usually they pay for the hotel to for the over night stay .... the lengths people go to selling there boilers. :) no wonder they are so expensive.

I should worry, I get the extra two years warranty, a good job done, and I haven't paid a penny yet!

Unfortunately no-one has come up with a suggestion as to why the system keeps generating gas, despite having inhibitor added.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back