Gas Inspection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for someone in the Warwick, Leamington area to inspect my gas installation.
I have two boilers, both Worcester Greenstar, running hot water and central heating in two adjoining properties. I have one gas supply.
The junior boiler is running at 2.5 bar, going up to 3 if I turn it up beyond midway. There is a pipe running from the pressure relief valve which disappears behind the kitchen units so I can't get to the valve. One boiler still has the filling loop connected, is that right?
I can't tell if the other boiler has the filling loop connected or not because all the pipework is behind the kitchen cupboards.
I think an inspection by an independent gas fitter, corgi registered of course, might be a good idea.
Any help or advice will be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Is it a new install.

Are you say one meter services two properties.

An inspection sounds a very good plan.

Hi, yes it is a new supply.
I know it is unusual to have two boilers,but I'm told it's not impossible.

I am concerned because there have been some problems with the electrical work that has been done which does not meet the regulations.
The work was done by a contractor/builder with a project manager to oversee the work.

I didn't know anything about Plumbing etc, but I am learning fast thanks to sites like this one and all the info on the net.

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to help poor saps like me!

Not unusual to have two boilers.

Are they in a central plant room and service both properties.

Sponsored Links
No, the junior boiler is in the kitchen of one property and the system boiler is downstairs in the office of the adjoining property.
One property is the living accommodation and the other is a shop.

Do they both have access to the meter or ECV.

Where is the meter House or shop.

I have one gas supply so they must both be connected to that and I have two ECV's. (had to look that up)
The meter is in the hall of the house.

Yes it is.
I've just noticed that with the central heating off the pressure had gone down to 2.3ish so maybe I'm worrying about nothing.

The cold pressure should be 1.3bar ish.

Shouldn't the shop be business rate.

It probably is too high then.
I'm not going to have a gas supply put into the shop as it would be costly and cause a lot of upheaval and we really want to be opening soon.
At the moment I just want to make sure that we get all the required certificates.

Greenstars usually have a filling link inside, completed by a T shaped key which shoves in from underneath. The one you're seeing on the pipes might be from an older installation? Just possible both boilers feeding the same radiator system?
Filling loops should be removed but are routinely left in place.

Builders usually cut even more corners than plumbers when putting heating in ;)
Check any condensate pipes aren't external and thin, cos they'll freeze if they are, too.

The condensate pipes are external and quite thin.

I think I need some expert help here and will get it all inspected.

I would be able to help you with this but you would need to telephone me about it soon.

My number is in my profile. Click on 'Agile'.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back