Gas main pipe in ceiling void

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
You told Hugh that his is ok because it's ventilated, but yours wouldn't be, what's the difference?

Mine is not OK, as it was National Grid that told me it isn't! :eek:

The guy from NG who attended, (on an unrelated matter), had sufficient concerns to ring his supervisor to discuss the matter. The response was, 'we wont do anything unless it starts leaking'. The main has already been replaced in the street they say and for some reason this property (and some of the neighbours) were reconnected onto the original services.

You told Hugh that his is ok because it's ventilated, but yours wouldn't be, what's the difference?
The regs relating to live gas mains are very strict and running through a ceiling void, ventilated or not, does not conform.

Sponsored Links
Mine is not OK, as it was National Grid that told me it isn't! :eek:

The guy from NG who attended, (on an unrelated matter), had sufficient concerns to ring his supervisor to discuss the matter. The response was, 'we wont do anything unless it starts leaking'. The main has already been replaced in the street they say and for some reason this property (and some of the neighbours) were reconnected onto the original services.
I am surprised. They must have a pecking order for old installations. If under a ventilated floor and a house that is low risk. In a block of flats the risks must be much higher, so I expect them to act in this case.

This what can happen to flats by leaking gas pipes

article-1090576-02A46C31000005DC-849_468x280.jpg

I see. Although nothing to suggest a fault with the gas installation, it could easily have been caused by a resident inadvertently leaving a gas appliance turned on without igniting it... Which, in fairness, could happen in any property, it just happened to be flats in this case.

No matter how...it was gas that did it. The safer the installation and appliances the better.

There is no gas pipe, void or flat. It's yet another figment of Drivel's disturbing imagination.

Do you realise that you have called 10 people idiots on this forum? Including some of my friends!

I am surprised that you have not been banned yet.

The forum rules say that posts must not be abusive!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back