Gas meter under sink and copper pipe green oxidisation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The gas meter is under the kitchen sink. It's pretty much a mess under there. Bare plaster walls. The copper pipe that goes from the meter and out under the floor of the house is heavily oxidised. It's quite green. Obviously its all the moisture from the kitchen from cooking and stuff over the years

When I get the kitchen done I will get the plumber to replace that leg of pipe. Should i try to clean it off with brasso or is it best to leave it with being gas?

Sponsored Links
just clean it with a pan scourer and wipe with a damp cloth when finished, dont use brasso

With it being a gas pipe I don't want to be like too rough scrubbing it. My plan was to soak the worst bits in brasso and then it will come off with a gentle rub. Il upload pictures tomorrow. It's very green and heavily oxidised

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back