gas metre in garage conversion

It is a very simple job to fit an extrernal box and meter.

They should not be quoting very much for that job!

Tony

Sponsored Links
It is a very simple job to fit an extrernal box and meter.

They should not be quoting very much for that job!

Tony

Its not cheap for an excvation notice you know.... easy job though agreed. Especially as its a PE service

So i need metre moved then there is no way of adjusting pipe work. if so is it only national grid that can alter the pipe work.

Sponsored Links
Your internal pipe is also running in cavity which is not allowed so dont get too far ahead of yourself and remember after meter is moved that will have to be got onto and run surface outside or behind plasterboards

Its not cheap for an excvation notice you know.... easy job though agreed. Especially as its a PE service

As far as I can see it should be possible to mount an external box without any excavation!

Nope, you'll have to excavate to remove the service riser tee that'll probably be crimped on to the PE. You'll then have to joint it and resleeve it up to the new meter box and transition it again to the new ECV

By that picture what excavation notice will be required ??

depending where the service riser is, may need to excavate on the public highway (may not obviously) so the company doing it have to advise the LA etc etc...... Of course if its on his land, then they don't...

No way round it though, the riser tee has to be removed to fit an external box.....nice easy job though as i said before.

Thanks for all the replies i have contacted a local utilities company to come and quote hopefully they will be alot cheaper than national grid.

You now have pipework running vertically in a cavity absolute no no , needs sorted asap
Agreed, neither the service nor the internal installation are allowed to be run in the wall cavity

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back