Gas or Electric Cooker????

E

eddiescully

Hi i have a cannon stratford gas cooker that needs replacing but i was just wondering would i be better off going for an electric cooker because there is also a wire there behind the cooker not in use and the on/off switch on the wall for an electric cooker not in use or would i be better off going for a gas cooker again? Thanks

Sponsored Links
just cooker or cooker and hob?

there are dual fuel cookers (gas hob + electric oven) if you prefer hob to be gas, your personal preference really.

don't know the rules in ireland and i'm a DIY'er so i'd not hazard to comment on anything other than your prefered choice.

if you go electric however, max oven size will depend on the circuit breaker + cable core size to the cooker switch (short of re-doing the wiring + MCB)

did you say the cable was just hanging loose?? it shouldn't be! at very least even if going gas, put a junction box on the cable so it's not bare and secure it out the way or remove the cable up to the cooker switch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back