Gas pipe fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
2997F83F-14C6-4048-B6BE-A0775699E042.jpeg
Wanting to get a gas hob fitted and not sure if I have a gas line coming into my kitchen. having pulled the oven out, I can see a fitting coming out of the wall, does anyone know if this could be the gas line? I’ve not come across this fitting before and not sure if the previous owners had this added to blank the gas pipe when they had the electric hob fitted.

have asked my plumber to come round and check but not sure when he’ll have time to come round.

Sponsored Links
It looks like the base part of a bayonet gas connection, in which case, it must have been isolated or cut off elsewhere. Have you a cable and pipe locator gadget? That would enable you to trace the route of the pipe towards the source.

Sponsored Links
Is that a it a square hole in the insert .
Looks like a 1/2 inch male iron plug.
iu

So gas could be live .
Yes, it’s very similar to this, there is a square insert inside the hole. I wasn’t sure if it was an insert or part of the fitting but this now reassured me it’s an insert to blank the pipe. I’ll get the plumber to confirm when he comes by.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back