Gas pipe routing querey

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The gas meter in my house is at the front left corner. In our kitchen, on the back right wall (so amlmost diagonaly opposite the main) is a gas tap for a cooker.

My question is this - what is the standard way to route the gas piping - the reason I ask is mainly out of curiosity (and so I don't accidentaly screw into anything!).

We have a solid concrete floor downstairs, plasterboard walls, and the combi boiler is in the airing cupboard in the centre of the upstairs, if this makes any difference. The house was built in the mid-eighties.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
unfortunately there is no common standard. It may come up from the floor or straight down from the ceiling. All depends who and why and when it was fitted. The gas installer at the time would have taken the easiest route :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back