Gas Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had my gas central heating boiler moved from the outhouse to upstairs in the bathroom.The original gas pipe for the boiler ran from the feed to the gas fire, this pipe has been left in place ( gas fire still in use)with a sort of nut on the end of the pipe.Is this safe?

anita

Sponsored Links
No reason to assume it isn't OK, from what you say. It shouldn't be flopping about etc. If it's in the way it wouldn't normally be a huge job to get it cut back and capped where it comes from, but if that's under the middle of the living room it could be expensive because of the time it would take to find!

Chris,
It is not in the way and is not "flopping about", I was a bit concerned that gas may leak from "nut thing" on the end of the pipe.
anita

Sponsored Links
Assuming you had a Corgi reg installer in to do the work he will have capped the pipe in question and will have tested for leaks / pressure drop so it will be safe. :)
However if you smell any gas or still have concerns call Transco on 0800 111999

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back