gas rate combi

Sponsored Links
It was published by the dog as TB216.

Biggest problem with these meters is they don't auto update so you have to keep pressing the button. Worries me that the delay waiting for the update could very easily account for a = or - 5%.

there's a constant I worked out 10yr's ago, widely used now.

for imperial meters.

divide 1097 K by the time it take to burn 1cuft of gas gives Kw/hr.

Ignore the 2 minute time (that doesn't work for the L&G/Siemens and many other meters) and use this....

(2nd reading - 1st reading) x 38.75 / time in seconds = gross Kw i/p

(2nd reading - 1st reading) x 3.6 / time in seconds = m3/hr

Time for at least 2 minutes but formula will work for any time period (of course ensuring no burner modulation). Index readings in litres.

Sponsored Links
Gasguru: Ignore the 2 minute time (that doesn't work for the L&G/Siemens and many other meters)

Bit rude.... :LOL: it works but most Engineers have a chart I think, that makes it very easy, you don`t have to do the calculation. If you is an Engineer you will be well clued up on it innit. :LOL:

Ignore the 2 minute time (that doesn't work for the L&G/Siemens and many other meters) and use this....

(2nd reading - 1st reading) x 38.75 / time in seconds = gross Kw i/p

(2nd reading - 1st reading) x 3.6 / time in seconds = m3/hr

Time for at least 2 minutes but formula will work for any time period (of course ensuring no burner modulation). Index readings in litres.

another constant is 321 dusty bin :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back