gas rate combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi need a quick bit of advice, ive got to gas rate a new combi tomorrow but i havnt done this for a while and then it was on the old ideal classics years ago not combi's
could anyone give me a quick tune up....
thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Why would you need to gasrate a boiler when you are not competent to work on boilers?

3600/T x CV=btu hr.

If you have done this before this is all you need to remind you.

It's not that he can't remember how to do it, he doesn't know which book to look in. :rolleyes:
If you can't find out by yourself how to rate a boiler, no way you are a RGI.

depends what kind of combi
depends what kind of meter

you better hope its not a libra quantum meter :eek:

I haven't come to one of those new quantum meters yet but I was given instructions on how to do it. however my memory retention is a little unusual non of it has stuck. Will have to phone someone when I come to one.

Like Henry Ford, you don't have to know everything just have to know who to bring into the room. He had a button for all his experts.

U6 and E6 metric. Observe meter for 2 minutes with the appliance turned on full after making note of start reading on meter.
Make a note of finish reading then subtract this from start reading.
multiply by 30 to get rate per hour.
multiply by 10.72 to get gross rating in kilowatts.
Divide this by 1.1 to get net rating in kilowatts.

U6 imperial meter.
allow 1 revolution on the meter dial this equals 1ft/3 of gas flow.
Time, in seconds how long it takes for the dial to go around one full turn then:
divide the seconds per revolution into 3600 to give ft/3 per hour.
multiply this by the calorific value of gas, think it`s roughly 1035 to 1040 BTU`s.
Divide the BTU`s by 3412 ( number of BTU`s in a KW ) to get the gross rating.
Divide this by 1.1 to get the Net rating in Kilowatts.

There or there abouts anyway. :D

I haven't come to one of those new quantum meters yet but I was given instructions on how to do it. however my memory retention is a little unusual non of it has stuck. Will have to phone someone when I come to one.

Like Henry Ford, you don't have to know everything just have to know who to bring into the room. He had a button for all his experts.

i bet he didnt have to push as many buttons as when gas rating on 1 of these. :D

oh please sir can i...me me me me me :D

Press A button to activate screen

10sec cridit appears

press A -amount owed

press A-static index (meter reading for charlie pants)

Press B and start watch at same time

Please wait appears

10sec meter index appears -Take this as your 1st reading

After 60 sec screen will hibernate

After 90sec wake up meter by repeating steps 1.2.3

On exactly 2 mins (120 sec for charlie) press B

wait 10sec

Meter index-this is your 2nd reading

Thats it in a nutshell.

Pretty simple eh?????????

:D :D :D :D

Or give it a swift boot and knock off the anti tamper and blame the lack of support

Well done, now that didn`t hurt a bit did it? imparting a morsel of knowledge to the Great Unwashed. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back