Gas safety record

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Chaps,
A bit confused to the information required on the gas safety record. The book asks for the operating pressure(m/bar) or heat input(kw). Am i right in thinking the operating pressure is another way of asking for the burner pressure on an appliance ie: Boiler and not the inlet working pressure ie:20m/bar to a gas valve. I am pretty sure the heat input is the current rating of the appliance in kw. Advice much appreciated from new RGI.

Sponsored Links
Just generalising, no specific appliance. A typical He natural gas boiler, but for argument sake a worcester Greenstar 28i . The book is the corgi gas safety record which you fill in when fitting a new gas appliance.

Just generalising, no specific appliance. A typical He natural gas boiler, but for argument sake a worcester Greenstar 28i . The book is the corgi gas safety record which you fill in when fitting a new gas appliance.

yes bp is op mate

Sponsored Links
Basic . especially for a newbie , did you not get any books or do notes that would save you coming on here :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

perhaps it should be moved to CC with all the other embarassing questions

yer worcester greenstar 28i HE has probably got a zero governor
fitted, so what are you going to do now!!!!

This is so embarasing that it should have been posted in the CC and should be deleted from here by a mad mod.

Tony

Sadly, with these groups churning out qualifications the network is full of numpties.
The CC makes for some very interesting reading at times, and a few laughs :oops:

Anyone who is qualified and asks for help in the CC will be welcomed and given assistance however poor their knowledge base.

Posting on the general forum just demonstrates their lack of knowledge and in some cases shows that they could be a danger to the public and brings the profession into disrepute.

Tony

Anyone who is qualified and asks for help in the CC will be welcomed and given assistance however poor their knowledge base.

Posting on the general forum just demonstrates their lack of knowledge and in some cases shows that they could be a danger to the public and brings the profession into disrepute.

Tony

precisely

We older chaps had the benefit of the experience of our elders. Our training was nearly all on the job. It is hard for newcomers to get this kind of training and I think that we have duty to the next generations to help them out.

Pass on your knowledge, it is a way to achieve immortality.

You older persons did the job properly and went with experienced people whom you could learn from before you let yourself loose on the public.

Unfortunately there are plenty of experienced people who would be willing to take unpaid trainees but these current batch think they can do a six week course plus one day at Mr Combi and then go out mending boilers the following day.

Its not surprising that we get a bad name when so many people are making a pigs ear of boiler repairs.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back