Gas sniffer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First post on this forum!

Can anyone please recommend me a good gas leak sniffer? I currently do not have 1 but would like to buy 1, but with so many out there, and at different price ranges, I am not sure what a good one would be.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Stan

Sponsored Links
If you are gas registered as one hopes then register for the combustion chamber part of this site and ask there.

Tony

I do not hold my own gas safe registration. I have always worked for companies and been put on theirs. I hold ACS certificates.

Just wanted some recommendations.

stanbow";p="1950130 said:
I do not hold my own gas safe registration. I have always worked for companies and been put on theirs. I hold ACS certificates.
stanbow";p="1950130 said:
Are you registered as an operastive, with Gas Safe?

Sponsored Links
I was working for 2 companies, at different times, and on their gas safe

all i want is a sniffer that will be useful!

You clearly aren't GS registered, and you are therefore not likely to get co-operation here. You can not work on an employers registration without being registered yourself

what you talking about? When I started work they asked for my acs no and ni number and put my under their registration.

what you talking about? When I started work they asked for my acs no and ni number and put my under their registration.

So, If a client asked for your GS ID (unlikely, I know, as I've NEVER been asked for it!! - since 1990), what would you do?

You clearly aren't GS registered, and you are therefore not likely to get co-operation here. You can not work on an employers registration without being registered yourself

Yes you can, as far as I know BG won't let any of their guys even have their own registration.

Yes you can, as far as I know BG won't let any of their guys even have their own registration.

No, but you have to be registered with GS as AN OPERATIVE. It doesn't allow you to carry out work on your own account, but you have to maintain registration requirements, normally at the employers expense. If my understanding is wrong, then I apologise. Baxpoti and Petit Pablo (both direct labour I understand), can you elucidate?

No, but you have to be registered with GS as AN OPERATIVE. It doesn't allow you to carry out work on your own account, but you have to maintain registration requirements, normally at the employers expense. If my understanding is wrong, then I apologise. Baxpoti and Petit Pablo (both direct labour I understand), can you elucidate?

Which was exactly what the lad said when you picked him up on it.

You still get a card with a licence number though

Which was exactly what the lad said when you picked him up on it.

No. sooey, I don't think he said that! He is "on theirs", suggests to me tht it is an internal arrangement, ie, he works and they sign it off. It's not the same as being registered as an operative. He MUST have an "operative" card from GS, and I'm guessing he didn't. I COULD be wrong, though

Hi

I did sign off my own work, gas safety's, service's, breakdown's. I held a gas safe card but was under a companies registration.

No help with the sniffer suggestions yet?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back