Gas supply positioning for hobs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently in the process of planning a new kitchen.

The old kitchen has a gas supply coming through the middle of the(concrete) floor directly below the position of the place where I plan to put the new gas hobs and cooker, as part of a peninsula.

Will I be able to us the existing supply without too much hassle, or will it need repositioning?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You should be able to use this, your gas plumber will be able run the pipe behind the appliance and connect it.
But if you are concerned, I'd contact the person who is doing the plumbing, tell them about your layout prior to install. They will sort it.

Thanks for the reply.

Just to clarify, i am planning to put the hobs on a peninsula, so there won't be a wall at the back of the hobs. Will there be a gap between the back of the cooker and the cabinet in which to route the pipe/flexi-hose?

Sponsored Links
the unit is designed to fit against a wall with enough room to get the pipe behind the oven up to the hob, so replacing the wall for a back panel will leave exactly the same gap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back