Gas supply size help

Sponsored Links
Yes.
They are running a club, not for safety but for their own gain.
I have witnessed first hand how they operate.
As i have said earlier, why does anyone with a 'exam pass certificate' stating that they are competent at gas fitting from a college or wherever they passed their exam, need to be acountable to these thieves?
The engineer then has to shell out yet more cash to register with these people.
By the time they have totted up all the fees they feel 'obliged' to charge what sometimes appears to be a small fortune.

I'm sure she's aware of what she's letting herself in for, and how much she will take home every week
Yes i'm sure she is, it's called a caring nature, not all people are out to make a killing off the back of others.

Comparing nurses/teachers to gas engineers is not a very good comparison. The majority of nurse/teachers work within the public sector and have certain exclusive benefits.
Private teachers and private nurse/medical assistants obtain much higher renumeration for their services.
Most private sector employment that requires a training/skill level obtain a decent wage.
Why should an RGi be any different.
I know scaffolders, train drivers, plasterers that have incomes similar to mine and there all paye with benefits

Sponsored Links
Not off the top of my head, but as i have said, my nephew has just done it and it was plenty to pass the thing, there was no need for yet another charge, even if it was only £10, from a self appointed club.
Yes i know it's all legit and the powers that be appointed them.
And i think all that the government say is true as well!! :)

The "thing" your nephew has just passed is the ACS that has nothing at all to do with Corgi. It is one of the many unseen overheads that is used in calculating operating costs which all have to be paid before a wage/income is achieved.
Perhaps you'd be happier if the RGi arrived on a bike in shorts and flip flops and requested to borrow your tools.

A discussion on gas pipe sizing seems to have drifted into a general discussion on salaries for teachers and nurses.

I am surprised that some mad Mod has not moved it all into a General Discussion under the heading of salaries!

Tony

The "thing" your nephew has just passed is the ACS that has nothing at all to do with Corgi

I know it has nothing to do with CORGI.
That's the point.
He was deemed competent to work on gas by the examiner.
Do you see how these things work??
You take a test, the examiner decides wether or not you are 'competent', as required by law, then the boys club steps in and FORCES the person that is ALREADY competent to perform yet more tricks in front of one of their ringmasters, then they say,
'hey, the examiner was right, you are competent enough to work on gas, now give us some of yor cash and we will allow you to use the knowledge you have already paid for, if you don't pay us, well, you can't use the knowledge you have learnt'
Sounds like a form of bribery, if you don't pay tough.
If you bother to read the previous posts it isn't the plumbers that i have a problem with it is the 'club'.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back