Gas water heater in loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning to have a gas water heater fitted in my loft. It could possibly go on the wall with a horizintal flue going out. However, if possible, I would have it rather fitted on the chimney. Is this at all possible or would this cause problems for the water heater when I turn on the multiburner downstairs?

Sponsored Links
Installations in lofts require a number of conditions. It is possible, but will cost significantly more.

I think he expetcs to share the chimney!

One wonders why he does not ask his gas registered installer!

Sponsored Links
I have got a spacious loft and the house is a semi. The bathroom is straight underneath the loft.
The water heater could go easily on the brick wall where there is no neighbouring property. Come to think of it, the flue obviously couldn't be fitted inside the chimney. So if it would go on the external wall, what are the conditions?
I obviously could ask a gasfitter to visit and advise / quote me but I rather get some advise first.

Any feedback is welcome. Thanks

I think that you should choose an installer and take his advice!

A minimum of pipework in a freezing loft is one aspect and probably electric trace heating on the pipes too! ( Whats that? )

Tony

is the loft insulated / boarded / easy accesable

So you know you cannot share the chimney, the gas heater needs a flue straight outside (shorted distance possible)

Thanks that makes sense indeed regarding a freezing loft. However, regarding the trace heating, I currently have my boiler in the garage and that does not seem to have a need for this and it must at least be as cold as the loft if not even colder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back