Gas work placement - someone pls help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm a 25 year old male and i'm just about to start a 14 week gas course in Barnsley to obtain the CCN1 & MET1 qualifications.

I have just found out that we are expected to produce a portfolio and will need to find a work placement on a friday over a period of 6 weeks to overview 20 different jobs.

I realise this is going to be a pain for people but is there someone out there in the Lincolnshire/Yorkshire area who will look sympathetically on me and give me a little bit of much needed experience for which i would be eternally grateful.

Any other info or advice would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Sponsored Links
so have you a job lined up fitting meters?

if I am in scarborough on fridays you can come sometimes I am in london. come there too but hexpensive for you.

This Friday I probably in Bridlington.

Hi Paul

Thanks very much for responding so quickly. I really would appreciate your help. I'm very keen to get into the industry but the main thing i lack is experience.

I haven't got a job lined up but once i pass the course i am confident of finding employment. I am also hoping to obtain further acs qualifications in domestic appliances once i have completed the initial 14 weeks.

For my portfolio i need to observe and if possible participate in 20 varied domestic gas jobs. I will be expected to take photos and give a detailed description of what work is being carried out.

The college will be releasing us each friday from late may/early june for our work placements. I am prepared to travel a reasonable distance as i appreciate this experience is going to be invaluable to me. Perhaps you could e-mail me and let me have a contact e-mail/mobile so that i can get in touch at a later date.
Once again thanks for showing an interest.

Sponsored Links
was in same posistion as you
i pass junction 37 every day
fit boilers wall heaters water heaters so you would prob need more on fires for nvq

Hi Jeffreyw

Thanks for replying. Is that an offer of a work placement? Obviously im keeping my options open and trying to get a wider breadth of experience as possible

have you rung up help link and east coast gas robert pretis
ill ask me gaffer see what he says we take on apprentices now and then
let me know if you get any luck are you doing a 6 month quick course block placement or a few days a week at college
my apprentice does mondays at college
you can come with me if you like just have to ask boss first to clear it

Its a 14 week intensive course mate, just need a work placement each friday for about 10 weeks to build up my portfolio. Thanks for helping out. Look forward to hearing back from you if you have any joy with your boss

Sponsored Links
Back