Gate Closer.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We share a gate with two neightbours who contantly leave the gate open and let it bang, which wakes everyone up in the night. I've complained to their letting agents but had nothing back.

So I decided to fit a gate closer myself. What I purchased was an 8" spring gate closer. Following the instructions I set it up, however it doesn't do anything!

I'm assuming either I brought something that just can't handle the 4' gate. Or I'm not giving it enough tension.

Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks!

Dale.

Sponsored Links
I don't want to be a dick, but are you sure you put it on the right side ie most of them push the gate closed rather than pull it.

Sorry again if thats insulting

Door%20Gate%20Spring.JPG

Hope that works.

It was fitted on the inside to push the gate close, I'm pretty sure I'd set it up right, I viewed a few websites to check how people said to set one up.

http://uktv.co.uk/home/item/aid/2632/displayVideo/Hi

Sponsored Links
That will have to be going some to close a 4' gate, Dale.
A couple of Screwfix's 24521 may help, together with 74482 - if the gate opens freely.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back