Gate Lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, I got a call from a customer who's had a new drive laid, electric gates etc and have just thought about having lights on the gate posts :eek:

The gates are fed from a Fused Spur and I want to just pick up the feed for the PIR lights from the electric gate equipment. Just wondered if anyone had any issues with this?

Obviously I'd prefer to have a SWA cable back to the house connecting into the lighting circuit but its not possible.

What are your thoughts?

Sponsored Links
what rating is the fuse in the fused spur, if its more than 5A and the lights your fitting are SES or SBC you need to fuse down.

is there enough spare capacity for the lighting?

can you physically make the connections in a way thats well enough sealed?

probablly a good idea to mount an IP rated switch by the gates (sometimes pirs get stuck on, especially the type that are designed to let you force them on with a short duration supplly turnoff).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back