Gate valve nut size?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know what size nut fits onto a 22mm Gate valve? I know the 22mm refers to the pipe size but cant find out the nut size.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The problem is that they vary in size which is why most in the trade tend to use adjustable spanners rather than fixed ones. In terms of the thread size, compression nuts are usually interchangeable from one fitting to another provided the thread is the same. Compression threads on some fittings (especially motorised valves) have a finer thread than others

Thanks for your reply. Sorry I didn't make myself clear. I meant the thread size not the actual nut size. I am wanting to know what size connector to fit onto the gate valve thread.

Sponsored Links
I don't think you'll find a connector to go directly onto the thread like you can do with 15mm compression fittings. Put a short length of pipe in the compression fitting and then join onto that in the usual way.

That's right 15mm comp. fittings have 1/2 inch BSP thread

Does anyone know what size nut fits onto a 22mm Gate valve? I know the 22mm refers to the pipe size but cant find out the nut size.

Thanks

A lot of the cheap imported 22mm fittings have the same nut thread, cheap gate valves were imported & used by Plumbers before a complete range of fittings back in the day. Lots of Plumbers used cheapo valves & Conex, Prestex, Kuterlite British fittings, who's valves are extortionate!!
A photo would help matey, post up a photo & the old dogs like my good self will have a guess at it......:sneaky:

PS. A 32mm open end spanner will catch a lot of cheapo compression fittings...HTH

This is the gate valve, just pretty standard and not sure of the brand..
ae235

I am looking to find something like a flexi to fit to this as there's no play in the pipe to get enough movement to fit this back in. The existing one had to be cut out.

Looks like a standard cheapo import, so most standard 22mm cheapo nuts will fit.

Why not buy a 22mm straight coupler, file out the centre stop & use it as a slip fitting. Cut the tube below/above the valve, remove the section of pipe, pop on the new valve & 'slip' fitting & Bob is a close relative!!.......:whistle:

If op is planning to use the faucet end of a flexible tap connector to screw straight onto the valve, then think again.

The chamfer will slice neatly through the washer. Usually a week after you've boxed it in and made good.

If op is planning to use the faucet end of a flexible tap connector to screw straight onto the valve, then think again.

The chamfer will slice neatly through the washer. Usually a week after you've boxed it in and made good.

'Faucet end'???!! Aye very good!! No Dan that would be a 3/4" BSP female connection. You leave the OP to the experts fella & get back to your crimpers. I think Mrs Jones is finished under the drier & ready for her Blue Rinse.

Thanks for your help and advice guys. Am I right in thinking that there is no way to fit a flexi to this gate valve then directly?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back