GE washer won't stop filling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I tried searching but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.

Anyway, the washer won't stop filling after moving it. If I take the hose off that goes to the switch and blow into it, it trips the switch and stops the water from filling until I stop blowing. If I blow back into the washer, bubble appear in the drum.

So Does that mean that the lines are all clear but for some reason there is not enough pressure to trip the switch?

There is a large black hose coming from a plastic thing, this large hose connects to a clear plastics chamber(?) and then this connects to a small 1/4" hose that goes up to the switch. Does the position/orinetation of these hoses make any difference. The large hose has a wire around it that looks like it is being supported by it.

Please, any help would be appreciated.

Nolan

Sponsored Links
It sounds like your air dome where the plastic hose goes from the water level switch may be clogged. Make sure there are no hairline cracks in the air tube and then maybe clean out the air dome.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back