HotPoint VBXR1070W0WW washing machine won't drain properly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The machine spins and will drain for a few seconds but then suddenly stop. This seems to go on forever but the machine never drains all the way. There is some back draft of the water as well. I checked the pump and all hoses and they all seem fine. I then attempted to check the pump switch and pressure chamber. The chamber is clean and when I blew into the the bottom of the hose, I heard the switch click. Also, when I blow through the bottom of the hose, into the pressure switch, the machine drains properly. Does this mean the pump switch is bad? I thought if I heard the click, the switch was good. I'm stumped! And my wife doesn't like the idea of having to blow into a hose to do the laundry. Please help. If it's just the pump switch I can handle it, but I don't want to start replacing parts that don't need to be replaced. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I checked all drains and there is no blockage or back flow problem. I then replaced the pressure switch and nothing changed. The washer does drain if you blow a little pressure into the pressure switch. The pressure needs to be maintained utill the washer fully drains. Then once drained, the cycle will continue. I just don't know why there doesn't seem to be enough pressure building in the chamber to set the pressure switch off. The chamber is clear. I even blew into the chamber and didn't feel any obstruction or blockage. Need help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back