Gearbox

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,
can anyone describe where the gearbox oil level/filler plug is on a 2001 Ford Courier,1.8 td di.(same as a Fiesta),my Haines manual is very vague and no illustration.
The gearbox on this van is slightly noisy in first gear,would it be advisable to add an additive of any description ?
Thanking you
tom

Sponsored Links
does the car have two dipsticks?? if so then the oil should go in the larger of the two. however ive not worked on your type of car im only a humble student mechanic

if it does have two dip sticks then let me know before you do anything as problems could occur as it needs to be done in a certain manner

Sponsored Links
Two dipsticks equals automatic transmission?

Hi Mursal,
the only small vans and cars ive worked on if they have 2 dipsticks they are usually automatic transmission,i thought i would state my van is manual just for further info information
thanks
tom

I'm sure the filler / level has a large hexagon nut, just below the approximate centre of the gearbox at the front.....by all means top the box up, but I think its unlikely that a gearbox additive would do any real good (but no real harm either)!
John :)

Hi John,
i will pop under the van tomorrow and try and locate the plug(if its not raining)
Thanks very much
tom

Sponsored Links
Back