Geberit built in cistern question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I’m moving a wall in my bathroom which means moving the toilet (with concealed geberit cistern) by a few cm. The plumber has ripped out today but has come across a problem - the cistern needs to move towards a window. The size of the brackets on the cistern is big - a 41cm cistern needs 57cm with the brackets. Moving the cistern towards the window means that the brackets are too long and will overhang the window.
Questions:
Can the bracket be rotated by 180 degrees so it actually runs behind the cistern instead of to the side?
Can the pan (back to wall) be mounted offset to the side of the cistern? (Although might look odd as flush plate wouldn’t be central).
Are there any other ways of attaching the brackets so that they don’t extend so far?

Thanks in hope!

Sponsored Links
Can't answer your question about the brackets without knowing which frame you're using but

Can the pan (back to wall) be mounted offset to the side of the cistern?

No - the flush pipe (from cistern to pan) needs to be in line otherwise it won't be possible to seal the unions.

It’s the geberit sigma 12cm.
I’ve hopfully attached a photo - it is to be bolted to the wall (within a wooden frame for tiling) and not within a geberit frame. The cistern width is 41cm, but with brackets it becomes 57cm wide!!
I have space on one side but the other side will overlap the window. I need to reduce that length somehow!

Attachments

• 371D7C39-97C2-40CF-B03E-1591A9C2E40D.png
    371D7C39-97C2-40CF-B03E-1591A9C2E40D.png
    400.8 KB · Views: 108
Sponsored Links
No. It won't fit.
Just as a 1200 radiator won't fit on a 1200 wall... because it has valves that have to go on it.

Thanks all.
A phone call to Geberit’s technical department has sorted it - we are going to use one bracket and then strap the cistern down so that we don’t need to use the second bracket. The chap was brilliant and said it’s a common query.

Thanks for posting back - although I'm surprised at the answer!

Ha ha - he also said it wasn’t the official party line!

Also for anyone in a similar position - they have a version of that cistern for ships. It has much smaller brackets (takes total width to 44cm instead of 57 with the normal brackets. (And is made to cope with sea water!)
I was going to buy that one but the chap said I really didn’t need to and it is way easier to put two brackets under the cistern, use the one official bracket that fits and then strap down to wall.
As I said, it’s apparently one of the most asked questions to their technical team!

Agreed - it’s a risk!
Having already got a geberit cistern, I’m happy with the quality and am confident in the product. This is simply a different way of holding it in place. But agreed - if something was to go wrong, I would be liable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back