Geberit: Flush valve not falling at end of flush

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I have a really weird problem with internal-wall Geberit flush. In short, when you push the stick in, thus pushing the valve arm up to release the seal at the bottom, it flushes fine, but when it gets to the end of the flush (when the water is all gone), the seal doesn't fall again, so water just keeps running into the bowl.

Having looked online, I saw that this can be due to limescale and dirt, so dismantled it and cleaned it thoroughly. Additionally, when the individual parts are not connected, there is absolutely no friction: the cansiter with the seal falls through its enclosure with gravity without any issue, and the swing arm swings perfectly freely with gravity as you rotate it. But when you connect the two, the arm goes up but there clearly isn't enough downward force anymore to get the canister/seal to fall through its enclosure. I have felt around and can't feel any two parts being squished together to cause friction. It should just fall... but it doesn't.

What the hell do you do about that?!

Many thanks in advance, Rob

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back