Geberit toilet dripping water & tank not filling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help please!

So for a few days, we had water leaking into the pan which seemed to come in from the overflow. then the push buttons stopped working, there was resistance and they wouldn't go in. So i flushed the toilet by manually lifting up the flush valve but the tank wouldn't refill.

I opened up the toilet, being a complete novice and gave what I now know as the filling value a wiggle and it filled the tank but after a flush it now won't refill. it sprays water constantly at the bottom but doesn't fill up and keeps going unless i hold up a little lever on the valve, so I have had to jam something in it so it doesn't keep spraying out all the time.

Any ideas what i can troubleshoot for this please?

Sponsored Links
Hi Doomsnite,

Sorry to read about your issues. May we ask you to send some specs about the cistern? Which type is it? Concealed or a prewall one?
One thing you might do anyway. Clean up the cistern by filling in some vinegar to get rid of limescale. Also try to clean the sealings of the valve. If this helps, everything should be fine. If not, let us know and contact: [email protected] Tel: 0800 077 8365

Hope this helps.
Olaf (Geberit Social Media Team)

Let me guess , to get into your cistern u had to split the push button in two , which revealed a screw which you undo ? And is the valve green and white ?

Hi Danstance20 - No, don't hurt the plate. Which one do you have?
Have a look here:
At 0:28 you can see how to open the cistern. You can handle this without tools, however to close the valve a screwdriver might be useful.

Sponsored Links
Hi Danstance20 - No, don't hurt the plate. Which one do you have?
Have a look here:
At 0:28 you can see how to open the cistern. You can handle this without tools, however to close the valve a screwdriver might be useful.
I think doomsnite is on about a standard wc , probably the one with that stupid wierd flush pipe size that you do

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back