GEBERIT unit in a small domestic loo help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We recently moved into a house and I noticed the bowl in the downstairs loo kept getting water supplied to it from the cistern.

I have found the pipe which joins the cistern to the bowl is leaking at the joint where it comes vertically down from the cistern.

It looks like the pipe and the outlet of the cistern are not mating flush with one another as the pipe is at a slight angle where it goes slightly upwards into the joint at the bowl but that might be my eyesight and lack of light.

The references I have found so far on various parts:
In the cistern = GEBERIT 109.720.00.1 (23.01.2007)
On a small panel with 3 illustrations attached to the top of the cistern = GEBERIT
964.589.00.0 (00)
and in red lettering 816.418

The thin tube shaped flushing mechanism in the cistern is activated by a couple of half round plastic/chrome segments on a chipboard facia panel. these seem to work via a green and clear tube. So it seems to be some kind of pressure (as opposed to linking arms) mechanism which operates the flush.

Can anyone please suggest what I should do as I am a fairly competent handyman but by no means a plumber?

Thank you for looking,
Bern

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back