Geewizz...........

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was exactly what my other half said when this happened (honest)
xa6h1.gif

The bulb was in a ceiling fitting in the bathroom when it blew and sent sparks everywhere!! One just managed to miss my 18 month son by a foot or so.

Never seen this happen before, if the picture's not clear the marks seen on the thread of the bulb are actual holes in th metal. The bulb is made by General Electric.

How has this happened, anyone got any ideas?

JD

Sponsored Links
since it was on i would have hoped it would be in a holder. this should have stopped anything flying out from where the holes on the thread are

I've had candle bulbs pop the glass bit out onto the floor - leaving the tricky bit of undoing the BC bits from the light fitting.

Sponsored Links
since it was on i would have hoped it would be in a holder. this should have stopped anything flying out from where the holes on the thread are
Nope, the fitting is the sort in which the bulb isn't fully enclosed and although the bulb was securely and fully wound into the fitting the sparks still flew out somehow. I was at work at the time, could potentially have caused a fire risk if it had done this unattended, but also glad that it didn't get into my son's eye.

JD

I had a GE lamp explode once (Genura type). Shards of glass, and molten metal (looked like solder) were sprayed out.

Good luck getting GE to comment - they ignored all my emails.

I saw this only approx a month a go.

My sister in law said it fizz-popped!

I simply blamed a cheap lamp. The metal threads seem really thin these days!

Good luck getting GE to comment - they ignored all my emails
Wasn't going to even bother trying to cntact them to be honest - just one of those things I guess. Just surprised this can happen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back