General advice on new system install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Viessmann Vitodens 200w system boiler (with weather compensation) which will be paired with a Gledhill solar torrent 277re. I also have a Morso Squirrel multi fuel stove which I would like to link with the Gledhill. The original property and first floor of extension is heated by conventional radiators, whilst the extension ground floor will be heated by a Nu-heat UFH system linked to the Gledhill.

The Morso stove and Gledhill are both situated on the ground floor, but are positioned a long way from each other. I'd like to retro fit a back boiler to the Morso and use this to deliver supplementary heat to the Gledhill store.

I'm assuming that it is possible to use a pump to promote flow between the two which could be activated by a thermostat on the flow side of the back boiler system pipework.

Please offer advise and guidance on my proposed system, and, although a bit late now, offer comments (objective please!!) on the system components I've chosen.

Karl T (Leeds)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back