generators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

is it true you cant use duel 110,240v generator on new build site, even if your only using 110v socket, for 110 v tools

thanks

Sponsored Links
going back quite a few years when i used mine i had no problems.on mine there is a switch so when running you can only use 1 outlet at a time.

wouldve thought it might be a bit of a rearatiy to find a genny with only a 110v outlet fitted.

thanks for reply

yes finding 110v only was a pain in the butt

i checked on the nett,about this apparently even if your not using 240 on a duel voltage gen,if theres a fault you could still get 240v shock even if your using 110v socket, possibly if fault occured whith the gen out in the rain.

Sponsored Links
Mine are dual and never refused on site.
Under cover in the rain.
RCD protected.

i was told it was not allowed,duel onsite, i suppose each site has a different health safety policy.

As most of the sockets are surface mounted, there would be little problem removing the blue socket and fitting a blanking plate, but make sure you well insulate the 240v wires from touching anything.

Wotan

I thought that 230 volt tools and extension leads where allowed on site if they where protected by a 30ma RCD ? I could be wrong and I know some sites have specific rules and only permit 110 volt extension leads and tools.

I thought that 230 volt tools and extension leads where allowed on site if they where protected by a 30ma RCD ? I could be wrong and I know some sites have specific rules and only permit 110 volt extension leads and tools.

Sites allowing 240V, if any, will be a rarity.

Main Contractor/Site Manager covering their backs usually stipulate 110V, less comeback on them if anything should go wrong.

Elf n safety rules - minimise risk.

Sponsored Links
Back