genie lift advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,
I asked about moving an a steel rsj which will be about 130kg, the options were to man handle it some how upto the 1st floor window which would hard but maybe possible. However you guys mentioned the genie lifts, are these lifts moveable when extended with the loads on, thinking one of these maybe easier than killing all my mates trying to get it in. Think my local merchants hire them for about £100 for the day.

Sponsored Links
Yep they go unto a slow speed when extended. Just check the weight spec which will be labelled on the side and don't mention anything to the hire company about lifting loads.

don't mention anything to the hire company about lifting loads
( then if it go,s tits up your snookerd m8
we used one too put in steels in a pub was mant too use two of them but done it with 5 of us and ane oman on each end as it was going up
DSC00390-1.jpg

DSC00398.jpg

DSC00397.jpg

DSC00394-1.jpg

DSC00391-1.jpg

there not the steels we used a lift on but you get ther drift

Sponsored Links
the old stone wall in the pic was taken out with a mini digger with a bracker and two one and a half tone I beams was put in place side by side rested on 2 I beam posts on a 1.2m deep concrete pad
the steels was put in too take the waight of the side of the pub over 4m long
DSC00363.jpg

you can just see the end of them on the left
DSC00649-1.jpg

DSC00648-1.jpg

all in and done and dusted

if your using a lift m8 get the lift spec from the hire firm first do a risk assment first befor you try too play with steels how long is it

The steel is 4.3m and its 130kg so we can either go all hands on deck to get it in place or use the genie. The Genie model i have seen has a 6m lift and max weight of 363kg so is ample for what i need. I am wondering how heavy these genie lifts are for getting upstairs are they able to be carried by a few bods

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back