George Best in intensive care

Sponsored Links
Rubbish! Indeed he was a good player BUT he has ample opportunity to give up the booze, everything wrong with him is self inflicted and I have little sympathy for the old git!

countygardens said:
Rubbish! Indeed he was a good player BUT he has ample opportunity to give up the booze, everything wrong with him is self inflicted and I have little sympathy for the old git!

Agreed. Liver transplant and straight back on the bottle. There are far more deserving cases out there.

It annoys me that this was the main headline on the news and there were a few news bulletins in between some tv programmes this afternoon on the same subject.

Do we really give a monkeys, I for one don't. Why is this country obsessed with 'has been' footballers that drink themselves into an early grave. :evil:

Sponsored Links
He was never as good as many claim, he had the ability to that good, but through it away by his alcohol addiction...purely self inflicted.

The Guy is a fecking moron, and the sooner he dies the better..that way they will stop talking about the silly drunk.

George Best was the most skillfull player that Britain? ever produced, he had skill agility and a unique thing about him that made him shine above anything else and that skill has never been seen since. Nobody then or since could touch him infact the opponants players were given instructions to chop his legs as that was the only way to stop him

If ever you get the chance to see the old film footage of him watch it you wont be disapointed.

Drink ruined his carear he became an alcholic, being addicted to something isnt a crime and he should have been helped when he needed it.

He was given a second chance and he stuffed his fingers up at us--for that he deserves no help and he robbed the chance of someone more gratefull of a second chance of life--for that he deserves to rot.

He was a good player, but ****ed it up the wall. However, alcohol is addictive, and alcoholism a disease. People who abuse substances need expert help. Having said that, to go back on the bottle after his transplant was idiocy.

he may have been a good player but he was never a professional player.

You've all been describing "George Best" he's always been a rogue thats what we created and why he's liked, ok there's loads of reasons why we shouldn't support him but hell, we need people like him to water down a world full of boring grey goody goodies!
George has done more for this country than the royal family and costs us as lot less, I hope he gets well soon. the old bugger! :LOL:

Richardp said:
You've all been describing "George Best" he's always been a rogue thats what we created and why he's liked, ok there's loads of reasons why we shouldn't support him but hell, we need people like him to water down a world full of boring grey goody goodies!
George has done more for this country than the royal family and costs us as lot less, I hope he gets well soon. the old b*****r! :LOL:
I'm not sure that public perception of him is the same anymore, especially after going back on the booze so soon after the transplant.
I realise that Alchoholics need help but he seem to be avoiding any help recently and seems to want to be on a self destruction course.

I`d sell him a kidney, but I need my liver :rolleyes:

Not only did he go back on the bottle after the transplant (not to mention before when he was given an implant that made him sick when he drank)... but he also went back on the bottle despite his wife saying she would leave him if he did.

SHE WAS TOTALLY HOT! :eek:

julie ... L /O /B

I met the fella in the raw in Manc city centre ..

wonderful ,
book signing in . spent 20 mins there .. an Alex BEST, is the DEMON .

the old man needed a liver transplant an was desperate ,

were told as lil fans to go to the back of the hospital but an digi shows are copywrite(on asking well wshe needs to make money that is dead ... can we do public sa sad wannabieas will hide the gold an silver an picts )

Sponsored Links
Back