George Neumatic Hoover Stopped Working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, have had a George Neumatic Hoover for years (GVE-270-2).

Was mainly used as a house hoover with the occasional DIY Clean-Up. Recently started using it as a dust extractor on my sander (a couple of times) and was working OK. Used it today to clear a section of the gutter (dry waste), all going fine and suddenly stopped working just like that.

Have used an electric tester screwdriver, and tested the cables going into the machine (lights up). The switch, which lights up when switched on and off when switched off. I tested up to the motor, which lights up when switched on and off when switched off.

My thinking, therefore, is that the motor has gone, and need to get a new (replica) motor . Does this sound right or could be something else.

Thanks

WayJay

Sponsored Links
I would not rely on a neon screwdriver to diagnose an electrical fault. Multimeters are very cheap these days. It could be something as simple as a break in the neutral line which your neon will not show up.

I agree with @jj4091 a neon screwdriver, like a volt stick might prove there's voltage, but not how much there is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back