Germany

Afaik at the end of the 2nd world war Britain repatriated ( forced) German captured
Russian prisoners of war back to Stalin’s Russia

most were executed it’s un likely that the British did not know as to what would happen to them ?

Sponsored Links
Un like noseall and several others who post ( troll) in here I am not an appeaser or excuser ;)

Afaik at the end of the 2nd world war Britain repatriated ( forced) German captured
Russian prisoners of war back to Stalin’s Russia

most were executed it’s un likely that the British did not know as to what would happen to them ?
I don't think anyone was in doubt of what would happen to them. But we didn't want to risk the Soviets refusing to return our troops they'd liberated from the Germans.

I don't think anyone was in doubt of what would happen to them. But we didn't want to risk the Soviets refusing to return our troops they'd liberated from the Germans.

stalin would not even swap his own son for a high ranking German general they had captive

afaik his son eventually committed suicide in a German POW camp

Sponsored Links
Mind you this Namibia / German caper was 100 odd years ago any one involved has been dead for decades

where does it all end

USA paying out billions to native Indians for what was done to them

Australia and the aborigines ?
Turks and the Armenians ?
Cromwell and the Irish ?
The crusades ?
Zulus ?
etc etc

Some of these European countries have got a lot to answer for, probably more than Albion.
Quite! When will UK start admitting to its atrocities instead of airbrushing them out of history.
When they do, it'll make all the other atrocities by other countries pale into insignificance.

tedious anti-foreigner obsession
And the Austrians even more so. Carrying out medical experiments on prisoners, then claiming they were victims of Nazi Germany. :rolleyes:
You told us about your Austrian relatives carrying out medical experiments on prisoners, and torturing them.
You were very amused by it, adding numerous smiley and laughing emojis, etc.

No, I doubt that you could ever recover from that.

Say a bunch of foreigners invaded a country, killed all the natives who opposed and enslaved all the rest, seized all the land and shared it amongst themselves, and their descendants still to this day 'own' most of it, should reparations be made?

What if it happened 955 years ago?

Say a bunch of foreigners invaded a country, killed all the natives who opposed and enslaved all the rest, seized all the land and shared it amongst themselves, and their descendants still to this day 'own' most of it, should reparations be made?

What if it happened 955 years ago?
It wasn't quite so simplistic.
Resistance continued for many years.
The Danes joined with English resistance fighters after a few years.

And as they say, the rest is history. :whistle:

As usual, go off on a show-off tangent and totally ignore the question.
Aah, bless. EFLImpudence asks a question but doesn't like the answer given, so resorts to insults.

Next time you ask the forum a question, perhaps you'd like to indicate the answer you'd find acceptable. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back