Get real

N

namsag

A school in Derbyshire was closed today on health and safety grounds and all 1300 kids sent home.
Wait for it .......... Because a kid slipped on the ice and banged there head.Good job they never skint there knee as the entire school would have needed trauma counselling.
WTF is this country coming to . Namby pamby rules made by half wits.

Sponsored Links
All parents phoned, to collect children, hundreds of extra cars on dodgy roads.
Hundreds of parents having to leave work, losing wages, firms losing employees.

The disruption is out of all proportion.

Common sense seems to be a thing of the past.

The ultimate decision on whether to close a school or not lies with the headmaster/mistress.
Typically older heads will keep their schools open longer than the 'new breed'. My daughters head kept their school open during the recent weather snap. It was the only secondary school open in the area (much to my daughters dismay!) My eldest daughters best friend slipped in the corridor after coming in from the snowy playground and knocked herself out. The ambulance was called as a precaution and she was treated by the hospital. The school remained open. Another of my daughters friends slipped over on the yard during P.E. and broke her ankle. She was also taken to hospital. The school remained open. When questioned by the local rag the head said '' When I was in school (probably about 40+ years ago) the schools stayed open with 6 ft snow drifts and I see no reason to close the school after 4 inches of snow. It's our responsibility to teach our children. ''
Isn't that refreshing ? A teacher wanting to teach children! Will wonders never cease.
:confused:

Fek i didnt get my first pair of long trousers till i was 7 . So off to school in shorts and a pair of wellies snow coming over the top off them and my wee brother on my back.
Right through school, Kids with broken arms /legs , Fingers dislocated noses broke and if you where lucky you saw it happen and tell all the gory details especially if bit of blood involved.
It used to be called childhood and wasn`t it fun

Sponsored Links
Fek i didnt get my first pair of long trousers till i was 7 . So off to school in shorts and a pair of wellies snow coming over the top off them and my wee brother on my back.
Right through school, Kids with broken arms /legs , Fingers dislocated noses broke and if you where lucky you saw it happen and tell all the gory details especially if bit of blood involved.
It used to be called childhood and wasn`t it fun

7? posh fecker :p

A school in Derbyshire was closed today on health and safety grounds and all 1300 kids sent home.
Wait for it .......... Because a kid slipped on the ice and banged there head.

Ah, but she did do a risk assessment, before closing it. Such a shame that commonsense didn't make itself known to the silly bint as well.

Once taught in a school - kid running round playground at break, ran into a skip and got a bruise (no blood drawn).

Parents sued and won, not because risk assessment etc wasn't done, nor because it wasn't meant to be there (all relevant paperwork had been done - I knew since was H&S governor and curiously also H&S shop steward - always had to declare an interest to myself :LOL: ), but because there wasn't a sign on it saying "caution, skip". Got about £500 compensation = 50+ textbooks!!!!

Fek knew i should have claimed when i cut the tip of my finger off at school, luckily it was not my hole finger but the the one next to it :LOL:

Similar story - caretaker mops floor, caretaker goes to put mop away, caretaker comes back and slips on wet floor, caretaker sues and wins approx £200.

Why? Because he hadn't been trained and thus told to put "Caution Wet Floor" sign up!!! :confused: :eek:

Once taught in a school - kid running round playground at break, ran into a skip and got a bruise (no blood drawn).

Parents sued and won, not because risk assessment etc wasn't done, nor because it wasn't meant to be there (all relevant paperwork had been done - I knew since was H&S governor and curiously also H&S shop steward - always had to declare an interest to myself :LOL: ), but because there wasn't a sign on it saying "caution, skip". Got about £500 compensation = 50+ textbooks!!!!

I know someone (certainly not a friend) who is a career claimer. I.e he will snag his old coat on 'man at work' barriers etc and get a new coat, he'll rip/scuff his shoes on uneven paving in town etc. All crap of course , but he gets away with it. Shocking.

the head said '' When I was in school (probably about 40+ years ago) the schools stayed open with 6 ft snow drifts and I see no reason to close the school after 4 inches of snow. It's our responsibility to teach our children. ''
Isn't that refreshing ? A teacher wanting to teach children! Will wonders never cease.
:confused:

I was talking to my grandad at the weekend and he says when he was at school they used to have 3feet of snow almost every year, and it'd come and stay for weeks on end. He can't remember the school being shut once because of the bad weather. And he used to walk best part of a mile to school!

At the school i went to though, it was the bus companies not the head who made the call on closing in bad weather. When they decided the roads were getting dangerous they'd turn up to collect us and thats what made the decision to close the school.

Sponsored Links
Back