Get well soon Boris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
I have sympathy for his health, as I do for all.

However we should not ignore other relevant facts.

When you or I are sick, we will rely on the NHS. We rely on public services.

We will not be at the front of the queue.

We won’t have an armed bodyguard wherever we go either but let’s just call it a perk of the job, eh? Would you have him travelling across London on a bus and going to Brussels on Ryanair then?

Sponsored Links
I do not expect to be...Do you.? As Mottie said.....you expect him to ring 111...get the bus..etc etc....so people like you can twist a bit more about him sherking his duties.

i think Boris is doing a sterling job.

could you imagine if this was bumbling may running the show,

or the unable to make a decision comrade corbyn,

we would certainly be in a much worse state now than we are.

Swinson would probably do ok, but she is very autocratic and a bit of a dictator, i don't think she would go down well with the public with her my poop don't stink, superior attitude.

i know there is a lot of Boris bashing, but to be fair to him he is being advised by some very respected people whose professions are in the scientific and economic world, he has to act on the information being provided to him, its a juggling act trying to keep the economy afloat and protect the public.

and besides that there are many buffoons out there who don't give a monkeys and ignore the governments recommendations anyway.

Boris is really stuck between a rock and a hard place, and like trump his critics are relentless and no matter what he does good will always not be good enough.

In times of crisis, it is quite normal for people to look for some greater power who will save them. "It looks terrible, but those guys at the top know what they're doing*" they say.

Putin, Trump and Buffoon are all seen as saviour by their supporters and have gained extra popularity.

Some countries are lucky enough to have someone competent and trustworthy.

"The impact was correspondingly huge: some 30m people watched the 12-minute speech. They knew they were in the safe hands of Europe’s most experienced crisis manager. “Her style of leadership was out of fashion for a long time, but now it’s exactly what people need,” says Stefan Kornelius, Ms Merkel’s biographer. “You want someone like her who projects stability and maturity. Someone who isn’t tweeting every five minutes.”"

If you think there is only room for one opinion, you are doomed to disappointment.

*this is seldom true

Maggie was one tough cookie and a lot of people didn't like her. However, a lot of those people had respect for her because when she said something she saw it through.
She had more balls than any entire cabinet and love her, or the her, the only reason she was ousted was because her cabinet were scared of making a mistake and getting a right b*llocking from her.

Her style of leadership was out of fashion for a long time, but now it’s exactly what people need,” says Stefan Kornelius, Ms Merkel’s biographer.
Her biographer might be a tad biased...Not to mention you....Mr Bias...She aint so popular now...Popular is also not neccessarily good....A certain 1930s 40s German leader was v v popular...You going to tell me he saved the World?

Last edited by a moderator:
Her biographer might be a tad biased...Not to mention you....Mr Bias...
On a thread where Boris is being promoted to the hardest working PM since Churchill, I would think bias should be embraced by everyone. It's not as if the thread started attached to reality in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back