Getting a bit tired....

Status
Not open for further replies.
British retirees are essential for the Spanish economy.

Provided they can afford to pay for the increasing medical and social care they need as they get older.

I've heard of people who resent paying even a pittance to help foreign migrants.

Obiously, they will be tolerated more if they integrate into the community and learn the language. Not live in foreign ghettoes.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Provided they can afford to pay for the increasing medical and social care they need as they get older.
No problem. That’s the sort of old 'foreigners' I'd like to see over here.
Remind me, where is Nigel Lawson's new home?
No idea. What’s that got to do with anything?
Obiously, they will be tolerated more if they integrate into the community and learn the language. Not live in foreign ghettoes.
You mean like the Asian, Turkish, Chinese communities to name but a few, do when they settle over here?

We might, they won’t. Didn’t you notice the scream up the Spaniards made when we imposed a quarantine on returning from Spain. Don’t kid yourself, British tourism and British retirees are essential for the Spanish economy.
I think you missed reading this bit of my comment:
The reduction in value of the pound is one obvious reason. Many retirees depending on UK pensions now find themselves struggling financially.
Why would Spain want to keep pensioners who can't afford to pay their way anymore? :confused:
I suspect they have enough indigenous pensioners to support without importing more. o_O

If you wanna talk about foreigners start a new thread, this is about the heat n humidity.

Lots of people melting, lots of people making their way into offices to enjoy the AC.
I must admit, I've taken my car on short journeys, when I'd normally walk, just to enjoy a few precious minutes of the AC :)

If you wanna talk about foreigners start a new thread, this is about the heat n humidity.
We're not talking about foreigners, unless you call UK ex-pats foreigners.
Anyway, it's been going on since page 2. A bit late to complain about it now.

I hate this foreign heat and humidity.

I think it's coming in on those boats - I've noticed there is more hot weather with no breeze at the same there are more boats landing in Kent.

Ive found a great trick for cooling down at night.

It needs a fan though.

Run tap til you get cold water
use a flannel to wipe front of body leaving skin wet.
lay in bed with fan on you.

Ive found a great trick for cooling down at night.

It needs a fan though.

Run tap til you get cold water
use a flannel to wipe front of body leaving skin wet.
lay in bed with fan on you.
Won't it fall off when you turn over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back