Getting beyond a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not six or eight weeks - it's the last four years. Read a little of life after the oil age and you'll realise that we aren't talking recession or even depression - but mass world-wide starvation. This is bigger than any war (even though the oil wars have already begun: Gulf wars 1 and 2).
We are in dire straights I'm afraid. Don't take my word for it - do a Google.

Sponsored Links
What's that, Google for "we're all doomed"? You willingly pay the equivalent of more than £8/gallon for your alcohol, which makes petrol cheap in comparison even now.

If people who can't support themselves (including in this country) stopped breeding, there wouldn't be the mass population explosion. So they die off? Nature has a way of controlling things, regardless of us mere mortals' interventions; we are arrogant beyond measure to think that we have any say in the controlling of the planet.

Sorry I don't drink.

Since 1960 the world population has doubled.

Take a google for Peak Oil if you really want to know the score. Most don't.

Hate to tell you but supposedly there isnt a lot of helium left now.
The worlds biggest resource of it is supposedly running out.

Really, I thought it came from the fractional distillation of air?

Sponsored Links
Sorry I don't drink.

Since 1960 the world population has doubled.
Blimey, something we have in common then.

Exactly, since 1960, not in the last six weeks. So the increased demand has been gradual, not sudden. It's market forces at play, some people making an absolute killing and all the doom-and-gloom protagonists such as you, coming ot of the woodwork.

Not so. Oil is bought in advance - not on the day. Supply is actually falling, wells are reaching the end of their lives yet demand is soaring.
Don't take my word for it.
When was the last refinery built?
When was the last real oil field found?
Do a Google.

The truth is there if you dare to look at it. Obviously you would rather not.

If in 2004 I said to you "Within 4 years the price of oil will go from $40 per barrel to $140 per barrel" you wouldn't believe it either. It's up to you what you choose to believe - but the truth is on your doorstep.

I would have said "Who knows?". And that's the whole point: no one knows. We don't even know what it is that we don't yet know, as Mr Rumsfeld said.

You go on looking into your doom-and-gloom crystal ball - if you can tear yourself away from the mirror long enough to do so - if you want and leave the rest of us to live our lives without your monkey on our backs.

I would have said "Who knows?". And that's the whole point: no one knows. We don't even know what it is that we don't yet know, as Mr Rumsfeld said.

You go on looking into your doom-and-gloom crystal ball - if you can tear yourself away from the mirror long enough to do so - if you want and leave the rest of us to live our lives without your monkey on our backs.

Head in the sand.

Yeh, but only to escape from the monotonous sound of you banging on about the same old thing, in the same old way, using the same old tired posts, in every f*cking thread :rolleyes:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back