Getting beyond a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
The women round here are still driving the kids round the corner to school, because the tubby's are too lazy to waddle/walk

Veg oil was 98p a litre in 15 litre containers in Asda tonight. Cheapest its been for a while

how much is helium a litre? might get a big polythene bag, put it in my car and fill it with helium.... until the wheels are just off the floor... and then power my car with a straw pointing out of the back window?!

:eek:

so thinking about it, you know that packaging stuff that is polythene envelopes of air.... why don't they use helium... posting a parcel would cost nothing if you got the helium level right... it would hover just above the scales in the Post Office !!!

Sponsored Links
Hate to tell you but supposedly there isnt a lot of helium left now.

The worlds biggest resource of it is supposedly running out.

The way this country's going, working for a living is a case of diminishing returns. The government think up new rules and taxes to make it as difficult as possible.

KKnyaston is right. If you can't beat the feckless legions of scroungers, we might as well join them.

Think I might try claiming asylum as well, must be worth a few extra quid! :mad:

The government is your elected management group, not some dictatorship foisted upon you. If you don't like them then change them - but it won't make a bit of difference to the price of oil which is where the real problem lies.

Let's hear you opinion then. (we won't).

(You will)

Greater than 50% of the population would say otherwise regarding a dictatorship, when it's not the incumbents for whom they voted. Exactly what was Liarblair's percentage at the last election, eh? Hardly democracy in action, now, is it?

As for the oil bollix, all this started when some muppet wanted to crow about having paid $100/barrel and the speculators went mad from there: it didn't suddenly become short or start running out over one evening, it wasn't a case of someone waking up, smelling the coffee and going "Oh f*ck, there's not enough to go around". All those that can are jumping on the profiteering bandwagon, helped by merchants of doom, such as you.

That's OK then - no oil crisis. No industrialisation in China and India. They'll carry on working in the fields and riding bicycles and donkeys? :rolleyes:

That's OK then - no oil crisis. No industrialisation in China and India. They'll carry on working in the fields and riding bicycles and donkeys? :rolleyes:
They haven't just decided en-masse early one recent sunny morning "F*ck this for a game of soldiers, I'm gonna get me a car and go work in a factory and live in a built-up area, western stylee" have they? No, it's speculators, aided by twonks like you that are causing the recent increases.

Have you never heard of a 'tipping point'? You can't speculate without one.
We've reached the point where production can no-longer satisfy demand. Year on year China uses 15% more oil than the year before. Where's it coming from? And how long will it be before one of the major oil fields runs dry?

So, what promulgated this supposed tipping point, then? The chinks and indians have been building and increasing thier infrastructure for ages, they haven't just started taking all the resources. Why all this doom and gloom only in the last six or so weeks ago?

You don't seem ever to be happy, unless you're convinced that the end of the world is nigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back