Getting bottom of walls ready for plastering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
THe old skirting baords I've taken off are huge and teh walls lath and plaster and stopped at teh skirting board. What should I do to lower the wall to get it read for the plasterer?

Should I cut strips of plasterboard a few inches wide and attach tehse so it can be plastered over or is there a better way?

Sponsored Links
I hope you are advertising your old skirting boards. Big old boards are much sought-after by owners of old houses wishing to restore them to their original style, and are very expensive to have made.

To get back to your original question: strips of plasterboard look favourite to me.. If you can put some plasterboard tape over the joins between the new board and the render beneath the old skim , so much the better. It helps reduce the possibility of cracking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back