getting lost in randall controler and glowworm system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
quick run down is

glowworm back boiler about 10-15yr old

programmer lost power found to be fuse..replaced fuse getting hotwater again - however heating wouldnt come through, boiler firing on water cycle. the programmer sounded diffrent when i pressed +1 on heating compared to water so ive replaced the 922 programmer with a new fp975..ive checked al the wiring and setting switches twice. i am still getting it to fire and supply hot water but cannot get any heating..

any ideas please..

oh and i cant get to the pump as its under the floor but i think its working as i am getting the hotwater up to the tank.

thanks

Sponsored Links
do you have any valves like these
imagesug.jpg

wheres the pump ? under what floor ?

Sponsored Links
i belive its under the living room floor -- allthought ive never taken the complete floor up to find it...

i thought it could be the mv but cant seem to find it --would it be located by the pump?....i was hoping it would be something i could fix without ripping the floor up.

have known them to be under the floor as well as the pump.

sonnds like a gravity hw pumped heating system.

just tried that it lights up on both sides but heating still doesnt work just had a look at the old control and that was unlinked aswell

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back