Getting on roof !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone tell me how to get on the side of my house roof ? its a two storey building, if you imagine a childs drawing of a house looking from front (door with two windows either side at ground level and two windows on the next level, that's ok with ladder to front then onto roof ladder hooked over ridge but what about the side of the house, looking up its a triangle shape with point at top, no ridge for roof ladder, how do I get up from gutter level ?

Sponsored Links
A hipped roof.
If its tiled then you can probably push up the foot of the tiles far enough to gain a footing on the heads of the lower tiles in a ladder fashion up the roof and pull them back into place from the top downwards by slipping a pointing trowell under the pushed up tile and pulling it back into its natural position.... HOWEVER do not think of attempting this unless you are fully competant in roof work... like steeplejacking, to those who do it every day it is a walk in the park but to you and me it would be a death sentence.

legs-akimbo said:
HOWEVER do not think of attempting this unless you are fully competant in roof work... like steeplejacking, to those who do it every day it is a walk in the park but to you and me it would be a death sentence.

so why mention it?

Sponsored Links
Cus most people who are competant at d.i.y. will try it anyway...... but at least I have stressed the point that it is pretty dangerous so if he goes up and does it, as he so obviously intends to judging by his post, at least I cant be accused of not issuing a strong warning with my advice ......."Thats Why"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back