Access to roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a tiled garage roof and need to replace a tile, but are not sure how to access it as there is a decorative ridge preventing a roof ladder hooking over. It is not too high - single storey, but not reachable from a straight ladder. Any suggestions? Can't access from inside as it is lined with plastic covering. Sorry, I know this is a bit basic.

Sponsored Links
If the pitch is not that steep and your not scared of hights ( safty not in mind when typing this :LOL: ) walk up the roof and replace the tile

PS make sure you have more tiles handy just incase you break some walking up/down the roof :LOL: or spend a few £ and get scafholding like breezer said. ;)

Will try the cheap options 1st and resort to scaffolding if necc. Just wanted to check there aren't any other means I didn't know about. Thanks for the ideas guys.
Cheers,
eekay

Sponsored Links
Hire a roof ladder or buy one to bolt onto the ladder :idea:

tmb_Roof%20Ladder.JPG
305-Roofladder1.jpg

Just re-post your post, I must learn to read slllooowwwllyyy :oops: :rolleyes:

The way the professional roofer do it, if it's possible and the tiles are not nailed then slide a roof tile up and make a ladder step on the way up using the batten to step on.

Don't think a roof ladder would work, would it , if we have decorative ridge tiles?

I'm afraid I can't visualise the ladder step and batten. Is this a wooden plank from ladder to roof? The tiles are not nailed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back