roof ladders

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
see people on roofs all the time repairing roof tiles etc using roof ladders, but how do you get up when there is no ridge or anything to hook the ladder over?

Sponsored Links
you can remove a few eaves tiles and tie the ladder off securely to the lathes, making sure these lathes are secure and sound themselves.

once the lean-to ladder is secure you can then anchor the up-the-roof ladder to the lean-to.

not ideal or particularly safe though :confused:

a scaffold platform at gutter height is ideal.

dont fully understand... you mean secure the ladder to the roof (or wall etc), and use that ladder as a 'stop' for a roof ladder to rest against? sounds dodgy.... fortunatly, i dont go on roofs often and when i do there has always been a ridge for the roof ladder

Sponsored Links
I'm guessing simon_d was talking about the mono roof (lean-to type). If so, you have to push a few tiles in to make a step ladder of the roofing batten but can be very dangerous, best to have scaffolding for safely as well.

I would take tiles out at points equal to where you want to step, and step on the laths - normally over a rafter. The tiles are stacked at the places where they are removed and then replaced as you come down

there seems to be some confusion.... so here is a very bad diagram.... which should hopefully make it easier to understand what im sayin
roof.jpg

gettin to B is fairly straightforward, hook goes over ridge. but what about side A that is like a triangle goin up with nothin to hook onto. and the side of the front out the house (side B), where there is nothin to hook onto. scaffold would be great but as most of you will be aware, it can be impractible at times

I take it you are refurring to the hip end ( side of you house ) if there's no scaf then they have no fear of dieing, :LOL: ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back