Getting paint off bricks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have just bought a house and having a terrible time trying to get all the jobs done.
In the living room the firplace has been taken back to the brick (about the size of a standard fire surround). You can see the brick around the fireplace and in the opening. It has been painted, I don't know what with, it looks kind of glossy and quite thick, and quite ugly.
I would much rather have just the plain brick how can I get the paint off. I've bought paint stripper but as the bricks are rough I don't think it would work.
I would eventually like to have an open fire.
So, I'm looking for either advise or someone to do the job.
Cheers
Rebecca :D

Sponsored Links
If you can get the bricks out a high power pressure washer with a direct jet might do it..or you may be able to hire a small grit blasting machine...

Or maybe remove then and turn them around?

Paint stripper wont shift all the paint and the remaining gunk will get caught up in the bricks rough surface.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back